Salma takes 15 minutes from her house to reach her school on a bicycle. If the bicycle has a speed of 2 m/s, calculate the distance between her house and the school.
The odometer of a car reads 57321.0 km when the clock shows the time 08:30 AM. What is the distance moved by the car, if at 08:50 AM, the odometer reading has changed to 57336.0 km? Calculate the speed of the car in km/min during this time. Express the speed in km/h also.
Suppose the two photographs, shown in Figure 1 and Figure 2, had been taken at an interval of 10 seconds. If a distance of 100 metres is shown by 1 cm in these photographs, calculate the speed of the blue car.
Figure 1 Vehicles moving in the same direction of on a road
Figure 2 Position of vehicles shown in Figure 1 after some time
Which of the following are not correct?
(1) The basic unit of time is second.
(2) Every object moves with a constant speed.
(3) Distances between two cities are measured in kilometres.
(4) The time period of a given pendulum is not constant.
(5) The speed of a train is expressed in m/h.