Concept of Congruency of Triangles
why create a profile on Shaalaa.com?
1. Inform you about time table of exam.
2. Inform you about new question papers.
3. New video tutorials information.
- Two triangles are said to be congruent to each other, if on placing one over the other, they exactly coincide.
- In fact, Two triangle are congruent, If all the angles and all the sides of one triangle are equal to the corresponding angles and the corresponding sides of the other triangle each to each.
- The symbol ≅ is read as "is congruent to"
- In Congruent triangles, the sides and the angles that coincide by superposition are called corresponding sides and corresponding angles.
- Corresponding parts of Congruent Triangles are also Congruent.
Abbreviated as : C.P.C.T.C.