(i) Why is a nuclear fusion reaction called a thermo nuclear reaction ?
(ii) Complete the reaction :
`""^3He_2 +""^2H_1 → "^4 He_2 + ......................+` Energy
(i) Define nuclear fission.
(ii) Rewrite and complete the following nuclear reaction by filling in the atomic number of Ba and mass number of Kr.
`""_92^235U +""_0^1n → ""__^144 Ba +""_36^_ Kγ +3""_0^1 n +`Energy
Nuclear power plants use the nuclear fission reaction to produce electricity.
What is the advantage of producing electricity by fusion reaction?
An atomic nucleus A is composed of 84 protons and 128 neutrons
1) The nucleus A emits an alpha particle and is transformed into nucleus B. What is the composition of nucleus B?
2) The nucleus B emits a beta particle is transformed into nucleus C. What is the composition of nucleus C?
3) Does the composition of nucleus C change if it emits gamma radiations?
The ore of Uranium found in nature contain `""_92U^218` and `""_92U^235`. Although both the isotopes are fissionable. It is found out experimentally that one of the two isotopes is more easily fissionable.
1) Name the isotope of Uranium which is easily fissionable.
2) Give a reason for your answer.
3) Write a nuclear reaction when Uranium 238 emits an alpha particle to form a Thorium (Th) nucleus