Introduction to Corporate Finance
Sources of Corporate Finance
Sources of Business Finance
- Nature and Significance: Financial Requirements and Sources
- Methods of Raising Finance
- Types of Shares - Preference Shares Equity Shares
- Debentures and Bonds
- Retained Profits
- Public Deposits
- Loans from Commercial Banks and Financial Institutions
- Sources of Business Finance - Trade Credit
- Discounting of Bills of Exchange
- Meaning of Global Depository Receipt (GDR)
- Meaning of American Depository Receipt (ADR)
Issue of Shares
Role of a Secretary in the Capital Formation Part 1
- Meaning of Issue of Shares at Par, Premium and Discount, at Bid Price
- Meaning of Initial Public Offer
- Meaning of Bonus Issue
- Meaning of Rights Issue
- Meaning of Employee Stock Option Scheme
- Meaning of Private Placement
- Issue of Shares – Procedure
- Transfer and Transmission of Shares
- Issue of Share Certificate and Share Warrant
Issue of Debentures
Role of a Secretary in the Capital Formation Part 2
Declaration and Payment of Dividend
Correspondence with Members
Correspondence of Company Secretary with Members, Debenture Holders and Depositors
- Allotment of Shares
- Regret Letter
- Lodgement Notice
- Approval / Refusal of Transfer of Shares
- Issue of Bonus Shares
- Distribution of Dividend - Notice
- Company Secretary - Redemption of Debentures
- Company Secretary - Allotment of Debentures
- Company Secretary - Conversion of Debentures into Shares
- Payment of Interest on Debentures
- Letter Thanking the Investor for Deposits
- Company Secretary - Payment of Interest (Basic Information of TDS to Be Given)
- Company Secretary - Renewal of Deposits
- Company Secretary - Repayment of Deposits
Correspondence with Debentureholders
Correspondence with Depositors
Dividend and Interest
- Meaning of Capital Structure
- Factors of Capital Structure
Shaalaa.com | Capital structure – Meaning and factors
Viyo Ltd.' is a company manufacturing textiles. It has a share capital of Rs 60 lakhs. The earnings per share in the previous year was Rs 0.50. For diversification, the company requires additional capital of Rs 40 lakhs. The company raised funds by issuing 10% debentures for the same. During the current year the company earned profit of Rs 8 lakhs on capital employed. It paid tax @ 40%.
a. State whether the shareholders gained or lost, in respect of earning per share on diversification. Show you calculations clearly.
b. Also, state any three factors that favour the issue of debentures by the company as part of its capital structure.
Sakshi Ltd. is a company manufacturing electronic goods. It has a share capital ofRs 120 lakhs. The earning per share in the previous year wasRs 0.5. For diversification, the company requires additional capital ofRs 80 lakhs. The company raised funds by issuing 10% debentures for the same. During the current year the company earned profit ofRs 16 lakhs on capital employed. It paid tax @ 40%.
a. State whether the shareholders gained or lost in respect of earning per share on diversification. Show your calculations clearly.
b. Also state any three factors that favour the issue of debentures by the company as part of its capital structure.
Veronica Ltd., a reputed truck manufacturing company, needs rupees twenty crores as additional capital to expand its business. Mr Alind Jindal, the CEO of the company, wants to raise funds through equity. The Finance Manager, Mr Nikhil Sachdeva, suggests that the existing shareholders be offered the privilege to subscribe to the new issue of shares as per the terms and conditions of the company which was agreed by Mr Alind Jindal.
Name the method through which the company decided to raise additional capital.