Force, Work, Power and Energy
Work, Power and Energy
Refraction of Light Through Plane Surface
Refraction of Light Through a Lense
Electricity and Magnetism
Electrical Power and Energy and Household Circuits
- Concept of Electrical Power and Household Circuits Numericals
- Household Circuits - Colour Coding of Wires
- Household Circuits - Three-pin Plugs
- Household Circuits - Safety Precautions
- Earthing (Grounding)
- Electric Switch
- Household Circuits – Main Circuit
- Electrical Energy and Power
- Electric Power
- Alternating Current (A.C.) Generator
- Current Electricity
- Resistors in Series
A substance changes from its solid state to the liquid state when heat is supplied to it name the process.
(i) Name the physical quantity which is measured in calories.
(ii) How is calorie related to the S.I. unit of that quantity ?
0.5 kg of lemon squash at 30° C is placed in a refrigerator which can remove heat at an average
rate of `30 J s^-1`. How long will it take to cool the lemon squash to 5°C? Specific heat capacity of
squash = `4200 J kg^-1K^-1`
An electric heater of power 600 W raises the temperature of 4.0 kg of a liquid from 10.0 ℃ to
15.0 ℃ I 100 s. Calculate: (i) the heat capacity of 4.0 kg of liquid, (ii) the specific heat capacity
of the liquid.
Calculate the amount of heat energy required to raise the temperature of 100 g of copper from 20°C to 70°C. specific heat capacity of copper = `390 J kg^-1 K^-1`.