p-block Elements - II
Transition and Inner Transition Elements
- Coordination Compounds and Double Salts
- Werner's Theory of Coordination Compounds
- Definition of Important Terms Pertaining to Co-ordination Compounds
- Nomenclature of Coordination Compounds
- Isomerism in Coordination Compounds
- Theories of Coordination Compound
- Stability of Metal Complexes
- Importance and Applications of Coordination Complexes
Hydroxy Compounds and Ethers
Carbonyl Compounds and Carboxylic Acids
Organic Nitrogen Compounds
Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Gravity separation or Hydraulic wash
- Froth flotation
- Cyanide leaching
- Ammonia leaching
- Alkali leaching
- Acid leaching
- Magnetic separation
Roasting of sulphide ore gives the gas (A).(A) is a colourless gas. Aqueous solution of (A) is acidic. The gas (A) is ____________.
Which of the following statements, about the advantage of roasting of sulphide ore before reduction is not true?
Match items in Column – I with the items of Column – II and assign the correct code.
|Column – I||Column – II|
|A. Cyanide process||(i) Ultrapure Ge|
|B. Froth floatation process||(ii) Dressing of ZnS|
|C. Electrolytic reduction||(iii) Extraction of Al|
|D. Zone refining||(iv) Extraction of Au|
|(v) Purification of Ni|
Which type of ores can be concentrated by the froth floatation method? Give two examples for such ores.