Introduction to Corporate Finance
Sources of Corporate Finance
Sources of Business Finance
- Nature and Significance: Financial Requirements and Sources
- Methods of Raising Finance
- Types of Shares - Preference Shares Equity Shares
- Debentures and Bonds
- Retained Profits
- Public Deposits
- Loans from Commercial Banks and Financial Institutions
- Sources of Business Finance - Trade Credit
- Discounting of Bills of Exchange
- Meaning of Global Depository Receipt (GDR)
- Meaning of American Depository Receipt (ADR)
Issue of Shares
Role of a Secretary in the Capital Formation Part 1
- Meaning of Issue of Shares at Par, Premium and Discount, at Bid Price
- Meaning of Initial Public Offer
- Meaning of Bonus Issue
- Meaning of Rights Issue
- Meaning of Employee Stock Option Scheme
- Meaning of Private Placement
- Issue of Shares – Procedure
- Transfer and Transmission of Shares
- Issue of Share Certificate and Share Warrant
Issue of Debentures
Role of a Secretary in the Capital Formation Part 2
Declaration and Payment of Dividend
Correspondence with Members
Correspondence of Company Secretary with Members, Debenture Holders and Depositors
- Allotment of Shares
- Regret Letter
- Lodgement Notice
- Approval / Refusal of Transfer of Shares
- Issue of Bonus Shares
- Distribution of Dividend - Notice
- Company Secretary - Redemption of Debentures
- Company Secretary - Allotment of Debentures
- Company Secretary - Conversion of Debentures into Shares
- Payment of Interest on Debentures
- Letter Thanking the Investor for Deposits
- Company Secretary - Payment of Interest (Basic Information of TDS to Be Given)
- Company Secretary - Renewal of Deposits
- Company Secretary - Repayment of Deposits
Correspondence with Debentureholders
Correspondence with Depositors
Dividend and Interest
Attempt the following
Draft a letter to debenture holder informing him about redemption of debentures.
Attempt the following.
Write a letter to the debenture holder regarding payment of interest through Interest Warrant.
Write a word or a term or a phrase which can substitute the following statement.
Return on investment in debentures.
Justify the following statement.
There are certain circumstances when a secretary has to correspond with debenture holders.