Intelligence and Ability
Aptitude, Achievement and Interest
What is Meant by Personality
Theories of Personality
How Personality is Assessed
Meaning of Development, Growth and Maturation
Infancy - Motor, Cognitive Development, Socio- Emotional Development
Childhood - Motor, Cognitive Development, Socio-emotional Development
Adolescence - Physical Changes, Cognitive Development, Socio-emotional Development; Some Major Concerns
Stress and Stress Management
Meaning of Stress - Its Basic Nature
Common Causes of Stress
Effects of Stress on Health and Performance
Stress Management - Ineffective and Effective Strategies of Handling Stress
Psychological Disorders and Psychotherapy
Meaning of “Abnormal Behaviour”
Characteristics of Some Psychological Disorders
Schizophrenia - meaning; main types; characteristics.
Social Thought and Social Behaviour
Meaning of “Attitude”
Applications of Psychology
Educational (School) Psychology.
Clinical and Counselling Psychology.
- Physical changes at puberty
- Cognitive development – Piaget’s Formal Operational Stage
- Socio-emotional development - forming an identity, dealing with sexuality and gender identity
- some major concerns – delinquency, substance abuse (drugs and alcohol) – meaning of substance abuse, symptoms and treatment
- eating disorders - bulimia, anorexia.
If you would like to contribute notes or other learning material, please submit them using the button below.
Advertisement Remove all ads
- OR -