Balanced and Unbalanced Forces:
Balanced Forces –
- When equal amount of forces are applied on an object from different directions such that they cancel out each other
- They do not change the state of rest or motion of an object
- They may change the shape and size of an object
Unbalanced Force –
- When forces applied to an object are of different magnitude(or not in opposite directions so as to cancel)
- They can alter state of rest or motion of an object
- They can cause acceleration in an object
- They can change the shape and size of an object
Shaalaa.com | Introduction Balanced & unbalanced force
An object experiences a net zero external unbalanced force. Is it possible for the object to be travelling with a non-zero velocity? If yes, state the conditions that must be placed on the magnitude and direction of the velocity. If no, provide a reason.
What is the usual name of the forces which cannot produce motion in a body but only change its shape ?