A certain number of metallic cones, each of radius 2 cm and height 3 cm are melted and recast into a solid sphere of radius 6 cm. Find the number of cones.
A model of a ship is made to a scale 1: 300
1) The length of the model of the ship is 2 m. Calculate the lengths of the ship.
2) The area of the deck ship is 180,000 m2. Calculate the area of the deck of the model.
3) The volume of the model in 6.5 m3. Calculate the volume of the ship.
The volume of one sphere is 27 times that of another sphere. Calculate the ratio of their:
(i) radii (ii) surface areas.
A hemi-spherical bowl has negligible thickness and the length of its circumference is 198 cm. Find the capacity of the bowl.
On a map drawn to a scale of 1: 50,000, a rectangular plot of land ABCD has the following dimensions. AB = 6 cm; BC = 8 cm and all angles are right angles. Find:
1) the actual length of the diagonal distance AC of the plot in km.
2) the actual area of the plot in sq. km.
A hollow sphere of internal and external radii 6 cm and 8 cm respectively is melted and react into small cones of base radius 2 cm and height 8 cm. Find the number of cones.