1. Inform you about time table of exam.
2. Inform you about new question papers.
3. New video tutorials information.
CAT 2014 Simplified (Past 17 Year Papers + 20 Mock Test CD + Vocabulary How to get Into your dream B-School) - A set of 3 books:
- CAT Topic-wise Solved Papers with Test and Assessment CD
- 50 Cool Stories 3000 Hot Words
- How to get Into your dream B-School
The CAT paper clearly requires an aspirant to have very good Comprehension, good Quantitative Reasoning, good Problem Solving skills, good General Knowledge/Awareness and a very good vocabulary.
Book 1: Thoroughly revised and Updated Topic-wise CAT Solved Papers with Test and Assessment CD 8th Edition. The Topic-wise CAT Solved Paper is one of the most powerful books for the students preparing for CAT or any other MBA Entrance Exam.
- The book consists of past years solved papers of CAT from 1994 onwards distributed into 24 topics
- The book contains more than 2400 Milestone Problems for CAT with 1100+ in Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation Unit (15 Topics) and 1300+ in Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning Unit (9 Topics)
- The book also contains the cancelled paper of CAT-2003, hence all question papers from 1994 to 2008 (till date the CAT was conducted offline)
- The book also provides very similar question to the ones asked in the CAT Online Test conducted from CAT 2009 to CAT 2013
- The book provides detailed solutions to each and every question. Alternative solutions are provided at various places
- The focus of the book is to provide shortcuts and techniques which are a must to Crack CAT. The book also provides a list of Shortcuts for Quantitative section
- The students are advised to revise one topic and then solve all the questions provided on that topic
- Finally the book provides one CD powered with Instant Reports and Solutions. The CD provides 20 Unit-wise Tests, 2 Section Tests and 3 Full Tests
- Book 2: The second book "50 Cool Stories 3000 Hot Words" is a unique book based on the Learning through Contextual Usage strategy
- The book is an excellent compilation of 50 stories from diverse areas like Sciences, Sports, Polity, Economics, Sociology, History, Technology, Law, Linguistics, Media, Movies, Currents Trends, etc
- The stories will prove very useful in improving the Comprehension, Vocabulary, Contextual Usage and General Awareness
- The stories provide usage of 3000 words very useful to crack the CAT and other MBA entrance exams
- At the end of each story the author provides the words, their meaning, different forms of the word, synonyms etc
- An alphabetical list of the words is provided at the end of the book for an easy reference
- This is a radical approach of combining an extremely readable book and a dictionary in one package. The books will be asset for all MBA aspirants
- The book also offers multiple benefits to the readers
- Improves Vocabulary
- Improves General Awareness
- Improves Reading Skills
- Teaches Contextual Usage
- Inputs for Essay Writing
- Inputs for GD/PI
- Improves Socio-economic Awareness
- Updates on Current Trend and Issues
- Cool and Interesting Reading
Book 3: The book "How to Get into Your Dream B School - Strategies (Aptitude Test/WAT/GD/PI) to crack CAT/XAT/IIFT/SNAP/NMAT" is not a Q and A book like a myriad of others available in the market. This, on the other hand, is the first of its kind, guidance book for MBA aspirants which answers the elusive ‘How do I get into my dream B School’ question.
The author, while preparing to get into his dream B School, tried hard to find a guide, which would tell him how to go about the preparation, how to best utilize the time at hand, the do’s and the don’t’s and what would work and what won’t. But there wasn’t any such guide available. This book is his endeavor to provide that guide which he himself didn’t get.
This book contains 19 simple yet powerful Practice Rules and a plethora of Pearls of Wisdom, which not only inform the aspirants about how to go about ensuring they get that sought-after seat in a premier B School but also make them aware of the various pitfalls and the easy to miss snags which they ought to be careful about.
Through examples which include actual CAT questions, the book breaks the answering process into easily understandable and logical steps and instills the same logical and structured thinking in the readers.
This book doesn’t stop at cracking the aptitude tests (CAT/XAT/IIFT/SNAP/NMAT and the likes) but goes on to provide guidance to its readers on how to convert the coveted calls by cracking the GDs/WATs and the Personal Interviews. While this book is focused towards MBA preparation, anyone who is preparing for any aptitude tests or personal interviews will be benefited immensely by the structured and logical approach and the various strategies mentioned here.
Table of Contents:
Book 1 - CAT Topic-wise Solved Papers with Test and Assessment CD - 8th edition
Shortcut Methods to Crack the Quantitative Aptitude section
Section I: Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation
- Chapter 1 - Number System
- Chapter 2 - Set Theory
- Chapter 3 - Functions
- Chapter 4 - Average, Ratio and Proportion
- Chapter 5 - Algebra 1
- Chapter 6 - Algebra 2
- Chapter 7 - Percentage, Profit and Loss
- Chapter 8 - Geometry
- Chapter 9 - Mensuration
- Chapter 10 - Time, Distance and Work
- Chapter 11 - Permutation, Combination and Probability
- Chapter 12 - Line and Bar Chart
- Chapter 13 - Pie Chart
- Chapter 14 - Data Tabulation
- Chapter 15 - Data Sufficiency
Section II: Logical Reasoning and Verbal Ability
- Chapter 16 - Logical Reasoning
- Chapter 17 - Analytical Reasoning
- Chapter 18 - Vocabulary
- Chapter 19 - Grammar
- Chapter 20 - Paragraph Construction
- Chapter 21 - Critical Reasoning
- Chapter 22 - Reading Comprehension (Based On Social Sciences)
- Chapter 23 - Reading Comprehension (Based On Natural Sciences)
- Chapter 24 - Reading Comprehension (Based On Humanities)
Section III: Very Similar Questions to Online Cat Exams (2009-2013)
Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation
Logical Reasoning and Verbal Ability
Contents of the Online Tests in the CD Powered with Insta Reports and Solutions
- 20 Unit-wise Tests (Part Test)
- Section Test - Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation
- Section Test - Logical Reasoning and Verbal Ability
- Full Test 1
- Full Test 2
- Full Test 3
Book 2 - 50 Cool Stories 3000 Hot Words (Vocabulary for GRE/MBA/SAT)
- Foreword 1
- Foreword 2
- Story 1 - Thank God For My Average Looks
- Story 2 - How Television Makes or breaks a sport?
- Story 3 - Terraforming
- Story 4 - The Asian Skyscrapper Mania
- Story 5 - Where Adult Fear to Tread
- Story 6 - Think Global, Eat Local
- Story 7 - Peer Pressure
- Story 8 - Vocal Wisdom
- Story 9 - Pseudonyms
- Story 10 - The Dream Team Conundrum
- Story 11 - The 10 Percent Brain Myth
- Story 12 - Baby, You Can Take My Heart (I am Getting a Transplant !)
- Story 13 - Whats on and Whats Off?
- Story 14 - The Second World War
- Story 15 - The Reality Circus
- Story 16 - Is the Keyboard Mightier than the Pen?
- Story 17 - Smartness is a many Splendored Thing
- Story 18 - The Battle of Brands
- Story 19 - Flying in Red Ink
- Story 20 - Home Smart Home
- Story 21 - The Shakespeare Controversy
- Story 22 - Are 3d Movies worth it?
- Story 23 - Prisoners of Cyberia
- Story 24 - The Gifts of War
- Story 25 - Celebrating their Way to the Banks
- Story 26 - The Glass Ceiling
- Story 27 - Technology Leapfrogging
- Story 28 - Shopaholism
- Story 29 - The Killer Sports
- Story 30 - Stereotypes
- Story 31 - Bonds are not Forever
- Story 32 - Lean and Mean I’m Polythene
- Story 33 - The Case of the Jury Vs. The Judge
- Story 34 - The Statistical Liar
- Story 35 - The Cold War
- Story 36 - Are Newspapers also an Endangered Species?
- Story 37 - Politically Correct
- Story 38 - Another Brick in the Mall
- Story 39 - Are We Getting Taller?
- Story 40 - Internet Killed the Rock Star
- Story 41 - Peculiar Social Customs
- Story 42 - A Concept Car Doesn’t Go Far
- Story 43 - What is Hypnosis?
- Story 44 - Idiot Box Turns Brainy Beauty
- Story 45 - Canine Commando
- Story 46 - The Homemaker Entrepreneur
- Story 47 - China, The Second Super Power
- Story 48 - Extinction of Species
- Story 49 - Bric Work
- Story 50 - Going to the Movies
Book 3 - How to Get into your dream B-School
- The Preliminaries
- Fix Your Goals
- The Task At Hand
- A Little Bit About Me
- Why Have I Written This Book?
- What to Expect in the Book?
- What I Assume You Already Know
- Random ‘Gyan’
- How to use this book?
- The Written Test
- The Cut-offs
- Section I: Verbal Ability (VA)
- Section II: Quantitative Ability (QA)
- Section III: Logical Reasoning
- Section IV: Data Interpretation
Three Essential Guidelines:
- Team: Together Everyone Achieves More
- Failing to Plan = Planning to Fail
- No Mocking the Mock Tests
- Stand out to be Outstanding
- The B-School Application
- Face-to-Face Tests
- Group Discussion (GD)
- WAT: Written Ability Test
- The Interview
- Commonly Asked Questions
- Honesty: the best policy. Or is it?
- Miscellaneous Tips on Interviews
- Body Language
- The Day before the Test
Other related books
M.R.P 298 /-
Price 270 /-
Chandresh Agrawal & Team
M.R.P 480 /-
Price 480 /-
M.R.P 325 /-
Price 446 /-
M.R.P 465 /-
Price 245 /-
M.R.P 2499 /-
Price 1699 /-