CAT 2013 Simplified (Past 17 year Papers + 20 Mock Test CD + Vocabulary + Comprehension + Contextual Usage + General Awareness) - a set of 2 books - 'CAT Topic-wise Solved Papers with Test and Assessment CD' and '50 cool stories 3000 hot words'.
The CAT paper clearly requires an aspirant to have very good Comprehension, good Quantitative Reasoning, good Problem Solving skills, good General Knowledge or Awareness and a very good vocabulary.
Book 1: The 'CAT Topic-wise Solved Papers with Test and Assessment CD' is one of the most powerful books for the students preparing for CAT or any other MBA Entrance Exam. The book consists of past years solved papers of CAT from 1994 onwards distributed in 3 Units, which are further divided into 24 topics.
The book contains more than 2400 Milestone Problems for CAT with 600 in Quantitative Aptitude Unit (11 Topics), 800 in DI, DS and LR Unit (6 Topics) and 932 in Verbal Ability Unit (7 Topics). The book also contains the cancelled paper of CAT - 2003 hence all question papers from 1994 to 2008 till CAT was offline + Memory based CAT 2009 and CAT 2010 Solved papers. The book provides detailed solutions to each and every question.
The focus of the book is to provide shortcuts and techniques which are a must to Crack CAT. Alternative solutions are provided at various places. The students are advised to revise one topic and then solve all the questions provided on that topic.
Table of Contents
Section I: Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation
- Number System
- Set Theory
- Average, Ratio and Proportion
- Algebra 1
- Algebra 2
- Percentage, Profit and Loss
- Time, Distance and Work
- Permutation, Combination and Probability
- Line and Bar Chart
- Pie Chart
- Data Tabulation
- Data Sufficiency
Section II: Logical Reasoning and Verbal Ability
- Logical Reasoning
- Analytical Reasoning
- Paragraph Construction
- Critical Reasoning
- Reading Comprehension (Based On Social Sciences)
- Reading Comprehension (Based On Natural Sciences)
- Reading Comprehension (Based On Humanities)
- Memory Based 2009 cat solved paper
- Memory Based 2010 cat solved paper
- Mock CAT CD
- 20 Unit-wise Tests (Part Test)
- Section Test 1 - Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation
- Section Test 2 - Logical Reasoning and Verbal Ability
- Full Test 1
- Full Test 2
- Full Test 3
Book 2: The second book "50 cool stories, 3000 hot words" is a unique book based on the Learning through Contextual Usage strategy.
The book is an excellent compilation of 50 titillating stories from diverse areas like Sciences, Sports, Polity, Economics, Sociology, History, Technology, Law, Linguistics, Media, Movies, Currents Trends, etc. The stories will prove very useful in improving the Comprehension, Vocabulary, Contextual Usage and General Awareness. The stories provide usage of 3000 words very useful to crack the CAT and other MBA entrance exams.
At the end of each story the author provides the words, their meaning, different forms of the word, synonyms etc.
An alphabetical list of the words is provided at the end of the book for an easy reference.
This is a radical approach of combining an extremely readable book and a dictionary in one package. The books will be asset for all MBA aspirants.
The book also offers multiple benefits to the readers.
Table of Contents
- Story 1 Thank God For My Average Looks
- Story 2 How Television Makes or breaks a sport?
- Story 3 Terraforming
- Story 4 The Asian Skycraper Mania
- Story 5 Where Adult Fear to Tread
- Story 6 Think Global, Eat Local
- Story 7 Peer Pressure
- Story 8 Vocal Wisdom
- Story 9 Pseudonyms
- Story 10 The Dream Team Conundrum
- Story 11 The 10 Percent Brain Myth
- Story 12 Baby, You Can Take My Heart (I am Getting a Transplant!)
- Story 13 What's on and What's off?
- Story 14 The Second World War
- Story 15 The Reality Circus
- Story 16 Is the Keyboard Mightier than the Pen?
- Story 17 Smartness is a many Splendored Thing
- Story 18 The Battle of Brands
- Story 19 Flying in Red Ink
- Story 20 Home Smart Home
- Story 21 The Shakespeare Controversy
- Story 22 Are 3d Movies worth it?
- Story 23 Prisoners of Cyberia
- Story 24 The Gifts of War
- Story 25 Celebrating their Way to the Banks
- Story 26 The Glass Ceiling
- Story 27 Technology Leapfrogging
- Story 28 Shopaholism
- Story 29 The Killer Sports
- Story 30 Stereotypes
- Story 31 Bonds are not Forever
- Story 32 Lean and Mean I'm Polythene
- Story 33 The Case of the Jury vs. The Judge
- Story 34 The Statistical Liar
- Story 35 The Cold War
- Story 36 Are Newspapers also an Endangered Species?
- Story 37 Politically Correct
- Story 38 Another Brick in the Mall
- Story 39 Are We Getting Taller?
- Story 40 Internet Killed the Rock Star
- Story 41 Peculiar Social Customs
- Story 42 A Concept Car Doesn't Go Far
- Story 43 What is Hypnosis?
- Story 44 Idiot Box Turns Brainy Beauty
- Story 45 Canine Commando
- Story 46 The Homemaker Entrepreneur
- Story 47 China, The Second Super Power
- Story 48 Extinction of Species
- Story 49 Bric Work
- Story 50 Going to the Movies