Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations is a very extensive and comprehensive book that is readily relied upon used by students and job aspirants who are competing at some of the most difficult competitive examinations in the country. This book contains chapters on HCF, LCM, number system, decimals and fractions, profit and loss, percentage, work and wages, linear equations, time and distance and trigonometry and geometry.
The book also has a good question bank of unsolved and solved model test papers. Students can use these for practice and revision. The book is very handy for students appearing for CTET, MATM GRE, PO, IBPS and Railway Recruitment Examinations.
Quantitative Aptitude as we all know is the skill to deduce information, communicate and understand the basic logic behind a given problem. This is done by using charts, graphs, percentages, numbers and tabular data. The student’s arithmetic skills are assessed and his ability to solve mathematical problems is put to test.Such numerical ability tests are now an integral part of most competitive examinations.
This book helps a candidates to assess ones comfort with numbers and also puts his/her logical thinking to test. The author has compiled many sets of challenging problems that test a students ability to apply logic or test reasoning and analysis ability in solving them.
Written in an easy to understand language, the solved questions with many suggested shortcut methods prove to be time saving ways that is of much held in gaining an edge at the examination.The thoroughly researched book is of great help to students who do find mathematics challenging.
About the author:
Abhijit Guha is a well known educationist and mathematician who has spent many years coaching and teaching students for competitive examinations in the country. McGraw Hill Education is a reputed publishing house that started out in USA and has been in India since 1970. The publishing house has been regularly bringing out books for students and competitive examinations.
- Face to Face CAT Common Admission Test Previous 24 years (1993-2016)
- The Pearson Complete Guide to the CAT (Old Edition)
- 30 Days to GMAT CAT, 2nd ed (Arco Thirty Day Guides)
- Previous Years' Solved Cat Papers
- CAT 2014 Simplified (Past 17 years Papers + 20 Mock Test CD + Vocabulary + Comprehension + Contextual Usage + General Awareness)
- CAT Simplified (Past 17 Yeat Papers + 20 Mock Test CD + Vocabulary/Article Book + How to get Into your dream B-School) (Box Set)
- Algebra for the CAT and Other MBA Examinations