This book provides valuable insight and guidance for candidates who are preparing for the Common Admission Test, held every year in India.
CAT and a large number of recruitment exams include a section for testing verbal reasoning and this book has been deemed as one of the best for the same.
CAT has a separate section on verbal ability and reading comprehension and a large number of questions are framed from such a question bank. Therefore, candidates who require brushing up on their verbal ability or comprehension reading or both require guidebooks with detailed samples and solved previous papers.
The book has been divided into four parts for ease of studying. The first part guides the candidates into building skills for reading comprehension with two further sections. The second part works on verbal ability while the third on verbal reasoning.
Each of the three sections has further sub-sections and exercises for the reader. Upon arriving at the last section, the reader will have few sample questions dealing with various aspects of reasoning and comprehensive abilities.
The last and final section has previous CAT papers solved with proper explanations. The book also provides mock papers for self-assessment. Following this reading format, the book covers major topics and prepares the candidates to score good in the upcoming CAT.
About the Author
Sharma and Upadhyay.
- Cat Topic-Wise Solved Papers 1994-2010
- GMAT Success w/CDRom 2002 (Peterson's Gmat Cat Success (Book and CD Rom), 2002)
- CAT 2014 Simplified (Past 17 years Papers + 20 Mock Test CD + Vocabulary + Comprehension + Contextual Usage + General Awareness)
- Arco Teach Yourself to Beat the Gmat Cat in 24 Hours: CD-Rom
- AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test) 2017
- Previous Years' CAT Papers (1999-2014)
- CAT (Common Admission Tests) Topic Wise & Year - Wise 26 solved Papers 1990 - 2014