Taking into account that vocabulary-building is one of the critical elements when preparing for the Common Admission Test, held by the IIMs every year. Author Sidharth Balakrishna has exhibited care in making the content of the book interesting, by providing self-memorisation techniques for students. This has been done with the aid of stories that provide supporting information like the origin of words, that also help in making their usage explicitly clear. This is provided in the chapter named, Improving Vocabulary Through Knowing The Stories Behind Words -I And II.
Vocabulary Booster For The CAT: A Winning Approach By An IIM Alumnus contains a chapter on how vocabulary is important, and how students can prepare vocabulary for various types of MBA entrance exams. This is followed by the chapters, Vocabulary Through Roots-I and Vocabulary Through Roots-II.
The idioms and phrases in the book have also been supported with the stories of their origin, under the chapter, Improving Your Vocabulary Through The Knowledge Of Idioms And Phrases (Through) Stories. This is followed by a list of common idioms and phrases words from foreign languages, that are commonly used in the English language.
Vocabulary Booster For The CAT: A Winning Approach By An IIM Alumnus published by Pearson Education, is the first edition of the book and it is available in paperback. The book was published in 2012.
- The content of the book has been designed, keeping in mind the requirements of students appearing for the Common Admission Test.
- The author has not only included individual words, but also countless phrases and idioms that are derived from other languages, as well.
- Master the GMAT CAT, 2002/e
- CAT Simplified (Past 17 Yeat Papers + 20 Mock Test CD + Vocabulary/Article Book + How to get Into your dream B-School) (Box Set)
- CAT Common Admission Test
- Face to Face CAT Common Admission Test Previous 24 years (1993-2016)
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal & Non-Verbal by B.S. Sijwalii (18-Nov-14) Paperback
- Cat 10 Mock Test Pack (Test Booklets/ OMR sheets/ Solution Booklet)
- Verbal Ability for the CAT